What does being a woman mean to me?

March 9, 2020

What does being a woman mean to me?  Well, it means many things that I believe make us the women we see today.  From a young age I was fierce, bold, independent, and strong.  I definitely gave my parents a run for their money, and was very hard to parent (especially in my teen years).  I was confident, opinionated, and didn’t care what others thought of me.

I grew up taking such great pride in the strong individual I was and knowing my worth.  No one could tell me otherwise, and I sure did come off hot-headed, brash, and full of myself at times.  Qualities that many look down upon, but that didn’t stop me from being me or embracing my inner uniqueness.  For me, I wanted nothing to do with being “just like everyone else” and strived for the exact opposite of it.

I was fairly chill and let things roll off my back when I knew it really didn’t pertain well to my overall well-being. I spoke up when I felt I was wronged or unjustly judged by someone.  I didn’t hold back on my views, thoughts, or opinions, even if that meant clashing with others and going against the grain (of which I did/do often).  You see, for me, being a women is being PROUD of who you are and owning every inch of your inner being. No man or woman other than myself would or could define that for me.

If I wanted to do something I put my mind to it.  No dream is unattainable, unless you let yourself or someone else tell you otherwise. We have come so far as a society of women today, and have made ourselves loud, clear, outspoken, and heard. We stand equal with our brothers and sisters, and that’s the way it should be.  That’s the way it always should have been.  We all have something special to contribute to this life, and it doesn’t matter what your gender, race, or background is.

I continue to stand tall and proud of the woman I have become, while trying to instill these very same qualities within my own daughter.  She is molding into quite the young lady and I can already see these qualities and traits emerging within her own personality.  I believe that what you lead by example with, is the setting stones of a strong foundation for your own kids.  I don’t only want my daughter to live her life this way, but my sons too.

Owning who you are as person and accepting you for you, is the best gift you can give yourself in this tough life.  It’s not an easy world to always navigate through, but it becomes easier through these mentalities if you should observe them.  May yesterday not only be a celebration of women nation wide, but also of us standing up to the ideology of the world and embracing our inner beings wholeheartedly.  We are FEMALE. Hear our ROAR.

What makes you proud of being who you are?

signature-fonts

28 Comments

• Amber Myers

March 9, 2020 at 12:44 pm

I love this! I always remind my daughter to always be who she is. Never be someone she is not.

March 9, 2020 at 1:03 pm

I think it’s the most important message we can portray to our future generation. Stand tall and be proud! ✌🏻

• Jessica Collazo

March 9, 2020 at 2:49 pm

I like your approach on yourself you are you and that’s how everybody has to think about themselveso.You don’t have to hold back you have to be you.

March 9, 2020 at 4:25 pm

No you do not, and you most certainly shouldn’t. We all are beautiful unique in our own ways!

• Tara Pittman (@momknowsbest15)

March 9, 2020 at 3:02 pm

This is a great reminder for me. I do need to remember that I am special the way I am.

March 9, 2020 at 4:24 pm

You know it, girl!

• Marie

March 9, 2020 at 4:59 pm

I have a pretty quiet roar, but it’s there. 🙂 And I love all of the Coco quotes. She was an amazing woman.

March 9, 2020 at 5:02 pm

A roar is a roar. Never be fearful to use it! 😘

• Krysten (@WeirdGirlBlog)

March 9, 2020 at 5:06 pm

I adore this. I also think being a woman means supporting fellow women. We’re all in this together, right?

March 9, 2020 at 5:08 pm

I couldn’t agree more with you on that. I am HUGE supporter of women supporting women. 👌🏻

• Pools And Beaches

March 9, 2020 at 5:44 pm

Love this! The quotes by Chanel really add to your message too. We are women, hear us roar! 🙂

March 9, 2020 at 7:42 pm

Thank You! ☺️

• Britt | Shed Happens (@ShedHappenscmty)

March 9, 2020 at 10:53 pm

I think that we (women) all need to adopt this mindset more – the fact that we can achieve anything if we set our mind to it. It’s that line of thinking that will empower women to rise to greatness, tearing down any barriers that threaten to hold us back.

March 10, 2020 at 10:33 am

100% girlfriend! 👏🏻 We all have great personal strengths, and we all should let them shine through loud and proudly.

• Cindy E Ingalls

March 10, 2020 at 12:36 am

I am so proud of the woman m daughter has become and it’s all because I gave her lots of confidence an independence.

March 10, 2020 at 10:32 am

Aww… that’s amazing to hear! Way to go, mama! I hope I raise mine the same.

• shrutibhattacharya

March 10, 2020 at 1:40 am

First and foremost, be confident in your own skin and learn to say no. Saying NO is hard for me, especially to my parents, but I still try hard. Wrong is wrong and if I support wrong, then I am in the wrong

March 10, 2020 at 10:32 am

Never be afraid to say no! You’ve got to stand your ground and be confident in your choices, who are as a being, and not worry about what might come of it. Those who love & accept you for you will understand.

• Cristina Ioana

March 10, 2020 at 8:49 am

Enjoyed reading this. I found my roar when my little boy was born. It was like, suddenly from this laid-back person, I’ve become this fierce lioness who’d take a bit out of anyone who looks at him funny. Weird, huh?

March 10, 2020 at 10:31 am

Oh, I love this! 👏🏻 Yes! Becoming a mama changes us so much, but I think it truly does for the better.

• aisasami

March 10, 2020 at 9:32 am

As a society, we should be cheering woman to be different and be their ownselves while be leaders and inspirations to others. There is no size fits all! Everyone is unique!

March 10, 2020 at 10:30 am

Yes, I most definitely agree with you. We all are unique and should find that love for our uniqueness within.

• Lyosha Varezhkina

March 10, 2020 at 10:32 am

I agree. being a woman is a good thing, there is only pride there. I do hope if I have a daughter she will live in the society where women are truly equal.

March 10, 2020 at 10:34 am

I think we have moved mountains in the time we have, and I only continue to see it reach its fullest potential one day.

• successunscrambled

March 10, 2020 at 2:49 pm

This right here reminds me of the cause that I will support going forward. The cause to support those women who are illiterate to help move them to that point where they feel empowered.

• Pearl | ownthepool

March 10, 2020 at 2:58 pm

Confidence is key to success! Happy International Women’s Day!

• Peachy A.

March 11, 2020 at 6:41 pm

Happy International Women’s Day! I’m glad you shared your view on what does a woman means to you and I hope it reaches a lot of women today to inspire them.

• amberleshae

March 11, 2020 at 7:41 pm

This really hit home for me going into this year and so I really applied this, and now it feels amazing!